Building The Canadian Dream Package - 3 Essays

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Impossible - Leadership 3


The human family is faced with a set of challenges that appears to be impossible to overcome. If we simply combine the growing global environmental crisis and the growth of weapons capability and availability, and the widespread warfare and violence, then it appears that we are doomed. If we add up the genocide, disease and starvation, then the picture becomes more bleak. Add to this human greed and lust for power and our inability to resolve ancient conflicts, and we arrive at The Impossible.

Now personally I am not very interested in what is possible or easy or within reach. It is only The Impossible that interests me. I dwell with, in, and for the impossible. That being the case, I’m sure it is no surprise that our complex, present and growing Crisis has my rapt attention.

I can tell you one important thing about the impossible. It’s possible. I have spent most of my life proving that.

We need leaders who can, will, and do inspire, enable and guide us to and through The Impossible. Look for this kind of leader. Accept nothing less and no substitute.

No comments: